March Club Meeting – Minutes

Apologies

Graham Price

Attendees

Tom Graham, Peter Norris, Tony Rayworth, David Stembridge, Will Hornby

The meeting started at 19:40 in the Cove Inn at the Bear & Blacksmith in Chillington

Agenda

1. February the 8th Club Meeting http://www.cssh.co.uk/?p=4537 – These were accepted as a good record of the last meeting

2. Club Membership – Is currently 17 members. It was suggested that Will Hornby emails lapsed members from last year with the link to re join along with their BC membership number if they had one as that might also help. David Stembridge also suggested a couple of other previous members who he thinks will be keen for Will H. to email.

This is the link to join or renew your club membership https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/3710/cycle-sport-south-hams#join

3. Youth Hostel Weekend 13th/14th of April – Tom Graham is finalising plans and will shortly be booking the accommodation in Boscastle for those who have already confirmed they are keen to go. Booking more spaces is possible but if anyone who has not already contacted Tom G. should get in touch ASAP.

4. Trouble with the CSSH website. Unable to add new content which is why I am posting the agenda on Strava – We still have not sorted this out although looking again I think I can add new posts just not edit them. Dave Stembridge also mentioned there seemed to be duplicate CSSH Facebook Groups. I (Will H.) have consolidated so we just have one group and one page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/191782574229483/
https://www.facebook.com/cssouthhams/

5. CSSH Monthly Ride with Cake https://www.strava.com/clubs/1266/group_events/419796 – Should we work out a rota for who should lead these rides well in advance?

We agreed having different ride leaders for this monthly ride who could plan their routes and the cafe to visit in advance was a good idea. Pete Norris has volunteered for March and Tony Rayworth will lead the April ride.

6. 2019 Club Time Trial plans http://www.cssh.co.uk/?page_id=4593 – It was agreed that these were all fine so far. Will Hornby demonstrated the Google form for riders to sign up for the TT’s an discovered one glitch which has now been fixed.

AOB

David Stembridge suggested that it might be popular and allow more riders to take part in evening rides from the Quay if they started at 6:30 pm instead of 6 pm. It seemed that everyone at the meeting was in favour of this. Will Hornby said that although it seemed like a popular idea the evening rides and there times are ultimately controlled by those riders that attend so it would be difficult to stipulate exactly what time any members or non members of the club chose to ride. Durring the short discussion what was less contentious was that everyone agreed that at the end of the month when the clocks change and there was more light cycling in the evening would be more apealing for everyone.

Dave Stembridge also made the point that our regular evening rides which follow similar if not exactly the same routes which along with starting at the same time allowed riders to easily join along the route and as Tom Graham said know when they would be likely to finish.

Apologies

Graham Price

Attendees

Tom Graham, Peter Norris, Tony Rayworth, David Stembridge, Will Hornby

The meeting started at 19:40 in the Cove Inn at the Bear & Blacksmith in Chillington

Agenda

  1. February the 8th Club Meeting http://www.cssh.co.uk/?p=4537 – These were accepted as a good record of the last meeting
  2. Club Membership – Is currently 17 members. It was suggested that Will Hornby emails lapsed members from last year with the link to re join along with their BC membership number if they had one as that might also help. David Stembridge also suggested a couple of other previous members who he thinks will be keen for Will H. to email.
    This is the link to join or renew your club membership https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/3710/cycle-sport-south-hams#join
  3. Youth Hostel Weekend 13th/14th of April – Tom Graham is finalising plans and will shortly be booking the accommodation in Boscastle for those who have already confirmed they are keen to go. Booking more spaces is possible but anyone who has not already contacted Tom G. should get in touch ASAP.
  4. Trouble with the CSSH website. Unable to add new content which is why I am posting the agenda on Strava – We still have not sorted this out although looking again I think I can add new posts just not edit them. Dave Stembridge also mentioned there seemed to be duplicate CSSH Facebook Groups. I (Will H.) have consolidated so we just have one group and one page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/191782574229483/
    https://www.facebook.com/cssouthhams/
  5. CSSH Monthly Ride with Cake https://www.strava.com/clubs/1266/group_events/419796 – Should we work out a rota for who should lead these rides well in advance?
    We agreed having different ride leaders for this monthly ride who could plan their routes and the cafe to visit in advance was a good idea. Pete Norris has volunteered for March and Tony Rayworth will lead the April ride.
  6. 2019 Club Time Trial plans http://www.cssh.co.uk/?page_id=4593 – It was agreed that these were all fine so far. Will Hornby demonstrated the Google form for riders to sign up for the TT’s an discovered one glitch which has now been fixed.

AOB

Evening Rides

David Stembridge suggested that it might be popular and allow more riders to take part in evening rides from the Quay if they started at 6:30 pm instead of 6 pm. It seemed that everyone at the meeting was in favour of this. Will Hornby said that although it seemed like a popular idea the evening rides and the times are ultimately controlled by those riders that attend so it would be difficult to stipulate at exactly what time any members or non members of the club chose to ride. Durring the short discussion what was less contentious was that everyone agreed that at the end of the month when the clocks change and there was more day light cycling would be more apealing for everyone.
Dave Stembridge also made the point that our regular evening rides which follow similar if not exactly the same routes which along with starting at the same time allowed riders to easily join and as Tom Graham said riders also know when they would be likely to finish.
Subsequently I (Will H) was thinking about this discussion and perhaps the best way to decide when the best time for evening rides is just to actually see who turns up regularly for whichever time and perhaps set up a later ride in the Strava Group for people to join.

Subsequently I (Will H) was thinking about this discussion and perhaps the best way to decide when the best time for evening rides is just to actually see who turns up regularly for whichever time and perhaps set up a later ride in the Strava Group for people to join.

This entry was posted in Committee Meetings. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply